Derwent Training will help you to recruit and train the next generation of engineers through the apprenticeship route.
What Apprenticeships do Derwent Training offer?
- Mechanical Machinist
- Mechatronics Maintenance
- Technical Support Technician
- Fabrication and Welding
Why train an apprentice with Derwent Training?
- Timely achievement rate for Level 3 Engineering Technician is 76% (15 points above the national average)
- Timely achievement rate for Level 2 Fabrication and Welding is 71% (9 points above the national average)
- 70% achievement rate for Apprenticeships.
What is expected from an employer?
You must have a role within your business in which an apprentice will become skilled and competent. Apprentices must be provided with a mentor who can support them throughout their Apprenticeship.
An Engineering Apprenticeship will take approximately four years to complete and during this time all apprentices must compete 20% off-the-job-training. This is a legal requirement and is auditable.
Your apprentice will attend Derwent Training one day per week.
You must provide your apprentice with a contract of employment and they should be paid holiday and sick pay, as per your terms and conditions. Your apprentice must be paid the Government Minimum Wage but levels above this Minimum Wage are at your discretion.
What are the next steps?
- Please call 01653 697698 or email Lauren Heslington, Business Development Officer on email@example.com
- We will arrange a visit with you to understand your business and your requirements
- You will then provide us with a detailed job description that we will advertise on your behalf. We also advise you to advertise the post separately to maximise its reach
- All applicants are screened through an engineering aptitude test and interview. This ensures that applicants match your requirements.
- Formal interviews will be conducted at your premises and you must make the formal employment offer.
- We will meet with you and the apprentice to complete the relevant sign-up paperwork.
Read what employers said about us
‘’Apprentices have helped North Sea Winches enormously. Our apprentices have all quickly become key members of our production team whilst their continuous hard work, dedication and enthusiasm has allowed us to develop new manufacturing processes, as well as increase the productivity of existing. Having our fantastic apprentices has also allowed us to diversify into other areas of manufacture such as developing, designing and manufacturing all of our electrical controls in-house, and an apprentice is a pivotal part of that process. Working with Derwent Training has been key to the success we have had with our apprentices as they provide the fundamental underpinning knowledge and support to allow them to become the engineers of the future.’’
North Sea Winches
‘’James Fisher Nuclear realised that skilled staff in the Ryedale area are of a premium and much sought after, we therefore made the decision to take on apprentices and nurture the next generation of skilled operatives ourselves. This also has benefits as the apprentices understand our requirements and standards from the outset. With the help of Derwent Training we are now seeing the benefits of this process. We have two apprentices who have been through their Apprenticeship and are now working alongside our skilled staff, whilst also helping and mentoring our current apprentices. The time spent with the apprentices is now starting to show reward and they will become an integral part of James Fisher’s future prosperity.’’
James Fisher Nuclear