Apprentice Computer Aided Design Technician
BSC is a world-leader in the design and manufacture of Microwave filters and filter based active Subsystems and Modules.
With over 30 years of experience in supplying the Defence, Commercial and Professional markets, its technical & manufacturing expertise and delivery performance has placed BSC on the preferred supplier list of many worldwide OEM customersCompany Link
Role will involve
· Creating accurate and detailed 3D models and assemblies using SolidWorks.
· Creating accurate and detailed 2D drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
· Create accurate and detailed PCB drawings using AutoCAD and Altium.
· Using JobBoss ERP system for BOMs, Routing, Planning and Job control.
· Using Unipoint quality system for Change-Requests and Non-Conformances.
· Working to customer specifications and drawings, and design documents from Electrical Engineers.
· Working closely with all departments inc Electrical Engineers, Sales, Machine-Shop and Production.
· Working closely with our Customers, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors.
· Maintaining ‘Configuration Control Registers’ for parts and other admin tasks.
· Adhering to deadlines, independently managing workloads, work priorities and conflicts.
· Activities towards Continuous Improvement, Kaizen and Interdepartmental meetings.
Minimum 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grades 5 and upwards including Maths, English and Science
- Aptitude and interest in mechanical and technical work
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Reliable and committed to supporting team success
- A willingness and flexibility to try new tasks and to learn new skills
- Dexterity on detailed work
- Ability to concentrate
- Confident enough to ask questions or ask for support
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Engineering Technician Level 3 Standard
If you are interested in this advertised opportunity you will need to complete an online application form via the link below. Alternatively, please contact the Business Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further.
To be agreed upon appointment
Monday to Friday (7.5 hours per day between 8.30 and 5.30) 37.5 hours