Apprentice Fabricator Welder
LH Sleightholme Ltd:
LH Sleightholme Ltd have been in the Structural Steelwork, Steel Erection, Steel Fabrication and Steel Cladding business for over 40 years.
Combining a structural steelwork, roofing and cladding service gives main contractors and clients one less interface (between sub-contractors) to worry about and is becoming a preferred route for projects to take.Company Link
Day to day duties will include:
- Layout, position and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, drawings and using straightedge, combination square, callipers and rulers
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies using MIG, electric, gas, arc or other welding equipment
- Conduct inspection and quality of products; rectifying issues if required
- Perform hand-weld and/or machine welds as required
- Cutting of materials and assembly of products as necessary
- Loading and unloading of products and supplies
Whilst active in this role, you must give constant attention to:
- All aspects of Health and Safety within your given work area
- All aspects of house-keeping ensuring a clean and tidy work area
- Be mindful at all times of product quality and customer satisfaction
- We recommend that all applicants have achieved, or are working towards achieving a minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in English, maths and Science or equivalent.
- To be able to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn
Due to the rural location of this vacancy, you will need access to your own transport as LH Sleightholme is not on a public transport route. It is your responsibility to get to and from your workplace as an apprentice.
- Good mathematical ability
- Good communication skills
- The ability to interpret diagrams and forms
- The ability to work on your own initiative
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Metal Fabricator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
If you are interested in this advertised opportunity you will need to complete an online application form via the link below. Alternatively, please contact the Business Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further.
Fabrication and Welding
To be agreed upon appointment
Monday - Friday, 07:00 - 16:00 Total hours per week: 39.00