Apprentice Manufacturing Operative
ISF York are a successful project engineering organisation providing standard and bespoke solutions to the process engineering industry. Established in 1989 by Iain Scott, ISF York work with clients across Yorkshire and the UK.
ISF York fabricate screw/drag conveyors, elevators, rotary sieves and other items.Company Link
Day to day duties will include:
- Check drawings and confirm details where necessary
- Follow procedures and checks where necessary before commencing work; including daily machine checks, wearing relevant PPE, route sheet (prior to task) sign off and procedures as updated from time to time
- Record hours on each item each day as per the procedure and sign off on route sheet tasks as required
- Produce cut lists from drawings as required
- Cut, fold, assemble and weld work to the required standard and to conform to procedures on machine settings, and checks
- Complete consumables records and materials records as directed and set out in the manufacturing processes
- Safely and properly use the workshop machinery and tools to carry out the day to day work tasks and reporting any defects to the Production Manager
- Follow instructions promptly from the Production Manager when working in the workshop
- Carry out designated checks during the manufacturing process as update from time to time;
- Handle products, equipment and tools with care and protect from damage
- Maintain a tidy work area
- When required to work on site, the Site Engineer or Site Supervisor responsibilities also apply
- Other duties as required.
We recommend that all applicants have achieved, or are working towards achieving a minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in English, Maths and Science or equivalent.
- Good time-management
- A willingness to learn
- Some hands-on engineering experience through interests/hobbies/school/college
- A genuine interest in engineering.
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Good mathematical ability
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to follow instructions.
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard
If you are interested in this advertised opportunity you will need to complete an online application form via the link below. Alternatively, please contact the Business Support Team on email@example.com or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further.
York City Centre
To be Agreed upon Appointment
Monday - Friday (8.00am - 16.30pm)