Apprentice Service Technician
Since 1970, Cirrus Research has pioneered and innovated technology that has made monitoring and measuring noise easier and more accessible. As one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of noise measurement instruments, Cirrus Research is a name you can trust to provide accurate, reliable and easy-to-use instruments that will stand up to scrutiny, and allow you to reduce the devastating effects of excessive noise exposure.Company Link
Day to day duties will include:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department
- To undertake, and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workspace and college
- To develop the skills to calibrate, adjust and repair instruments from verbal or written instructions to a high degree of precision
- To learn how to maintain service department equipment and to keep in good repair
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace and labratory areas
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the company premises
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
All applicants must have achieved a minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in Maths, English and Science or equivalent.
- A methodical thinker
- Have access to your own transport, or be able to get to and from Hunmanby
- A willingness to learn.
- To be able to on your own initiative
- Good team working skills
- Good communication skills.
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechatronics Maintenance Engineering
If you are interested in the advertised opportunity simply fill in the application for. Alternatively can contact Lauren on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further
To be Agreed upon Appointment
Monday - Friday (8.00am - 16.30pm)