LH Sleightholme Ltd have been in the Structural Steelwork, Steel Erection, Steel Fabrication and Steel Cladding business for over 40 years.
Combining a structural steelwork, roofing and cladding service gives main Contractors and Clients one less interference (between sub-contractors) to worry about and is becoming the preferred route for projects to take.
Having developed from an agricultural building business, changes have seen the Company switch to the Industrial, Commercial and Public Sector, working for clients such as J N Bentley, Severfield Reeve, Proudfoot, Houlton and Transcore Ltd to name but a few.Company Link
Day to day duties will include:
- Layout, position and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, drawings and using straightedge, combination square, callipers and rulers
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies using MIG, electric, gas, arc or other welding equipment
- Conduct inspection and quality of products; rectifying issues if required
- Perform hand-weld and/or machine welds as required
- Cutting of materials and assembly of products as necessary
- Loading and unloading of products and supplies.
Whilst active in this role, you must give constant attention to:
- All aspects of Health and Safety within your given work area
- All aspects of house-keeping ensuring a clean and tidy work area
- Be mindful at all times of product quality and customer satisfaction.
We recommend that applicants have a minimum of 4 GCSE's (A*-C / 9-4) in Maths, English and Science or equivalent.
- To be punctual
- To be able to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn
- Due to the rural location of this vacancy, you will need access to your own transport as LH Sleightholme isn't on a public transport route
- Due to the requirement of site-work, applicants will need to be 18 or over.
- Good mathematical ability
- Good communication skills
- The ability to interpret diagrams and forms
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Level 3 Apprenticeship Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship
If you are interested in the advertised opportunity simply fill in the application for. Alternatively can contact Lauren on email@example.com or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further
Fabrication and Welding
To be Agreed upon Appointment
Monday - Friday (7:30am - 16:00pm)