Apprentice Multi-Skilled Engineer (Fabrication & Welding)
North Sea Winches:
With over forty years of trading North Sea Winches have implemented lessons learnt in the harsh environment of the North Sea to provide customers with dependable, reliable, hardworking, cost effective machinery.
They specialise in the design and manufacture of marine, offshore, oil and gas as well as onshore industrial winches and equipment for a wide variety of customers.Company Link
Day to day duties will include:
- Use of all workshop machine tools
- Fabricating components from technical drawings
- Welding these components to a high standard and any customer specific requirements
- Using CNC Oxy/Acetylene Profile Cutter
- Handling and processing raw materials along with stock control
- Cutting, sawing, pressing, rolling, drilling and bending metals
- Using overhead cranes and fork lift trucks..
We recommend candidates to have a minimum of 5 GCSE's (A*-C / 9-4) in Maths, English and Science.
- A genuine interest in engineering with a desire to learn and develop
- Experience of engineering activities are advantageous but not necessary. This may include hobbies, voluntary work or previous experience in an engineering subject at school
- Able to demonstrate a strong work ethic through part-time employment and/or voluntary activities
- A can do attitude and approach
- Confident in getting involved
- Inquisitive to learn and understand
- Hardworking and conscientious.
- Good IT skills
- Good team working skills
- To be able to use your own initiative
- Able to prioritise your work
- A high standard of performance
- Organised and structured in your approach
- Take ownership of your work.
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Fabrication and Welding
If you are interested in the advertised opportunity simply fill in the application for. Alternatively can contact Lauren on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further
Fabrication and Welding
To Be Agreed Upon Appointment
Monday - Thursday (7.30am - 4.30pm) Friday (7.30am - 12.30pm)